IT Security Operations
Published: January 5, 2021
SUMMARY of the FUNCTION/Role
The Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) Consultant will perform duties specifically related to cybersecurity engineering and operational support of Cisco ISE, providing comply-to-connect capabilities across a large-scale enterprise computing environment.
• Configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco ISE and Stealth Watch
• Perform Network Access Control (NAC) / Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) integration with wired data, wireless infrastructure, and MDM, as well as posture and client provisioning.
• Perform configuration in wired and wireless systems using device profiling, posturing, PxGrid, ThreatGrid and SGTs.
• Build and analyze ISE policies to comply with client network security policies and ensure adherence to defined network security processes.
• Analyze systems performance of new and existing equipment to improve system and network configurations. Diagnose and solve complex systems problems.
• Analyze the pros and cons of various solutions to minimize down time and provide a stable, consistent system environment.
• Analyze system configuration and the need for changes to support the organization's program of work.
• Ensure the availability, performance, and recovery of network security systems.
• Document system architecture, operations guide, workflow procedures and disaster recovery plan.
• Maintain operating systems and application software with current releases and service pack or patches.
• Perform a variety of duties related to IT projects involving program-related issues that contain complicating elements.
• Experience configuring and managing ISE deployment, including enforcement of ISE on numerous subnets distributed across the nation
• Experience with Stealthwatch, Passive Identity (ISE-PIC), and PIV/CAC card integration.
• Excellent understanding of PKI infrastructure to assist, maintain and troubleshoot 802.1X EAP-TLS issues
• Experience with 1X troubleshooting WLAN/Switching + High level knowledge of Cisco security solutions including firewalls and advanced capabilities like Stealthwatch and Cisco ISE
• Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented and organized
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer relationship skills
• Must be able to work well in an environment facilitating a large group of government and other contractor personnel to achieve a common goal
• Ability to communicate effectively with people who have varying degrees of technical expertise
• Ability to produce quality documentation (understand difference between standard, best practice, design & process documents)
• Knowledge of Enterprise Networks & Security infrastructure, Communication and internet security systems, Firewalls, Intrusion Protection Systems, Remote Access VPN, Proxy, Wireless Security, NAC,
• Organizational, decision making, and communications skills.
• Knowledge of network security operations with a solid understanding of the technology and attention to detail.
• Creative problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
• Strong team player with the ability to engage and promote a cohesive unit.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize highly varied work in order to maintain required productivity levels.
• Ability to communicate technical' info and ideas so others will understand.
• Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
• Ability to apply collaborative skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
Additional Skills and Information
Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE)