Full Stack Engineers
Published: September 1, 2021
Full Time, Remote
A healthcare startup that aims to reduce the cost of prescription drugs. Determined to bring the human back to healthcare and invent a new kind of pharmacy benefit management program that’s focused on the end user.
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Developer to help our Chief Product and Technology Officer launch a new self-serve platform for our customers (large pharma companies). The role is an individual contributor role where you’re expected to own and build web applications. We’re growing a new product due to an increased demand from our customers and believe that there will be lots of room for learning and growth on the team as the first full-stack developer. You will work closely with a product manager and report into a Director of Engineering.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Back and Front End mobile and web development.
- Manage code versioning utilizing tool like GitHub.
- Understand business requirements and perform technical application development.
- Participate in daily standup call to provide updates to Product Development team.
- Provide regular development ticket status updates in Jira.
- Work with various project and open source development tools, including, but not limited to Jira, Confluence and GitHub.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and to spec.
- Communicate progress, status, issues, and resolutions to various business units, management and Executive Leadership via verbal and written status reports.
- Participate in design and architecture sessions and participate in code reviews
- Take ownership of the modules and work closely with tech leadership
To apply for this position, you must have the following skills and competencies. Items marked as preferred represent skills not required but preferred to have.
- Understanding of Data Stores (SQL/NoSql, etc) Restful API/GraphQL
- Expertise in React and React Native along with related libraries like Redux and saga (preferred)
- Cross Browser Implementation/Limitations
- Understanding of different design patterns and different application architecture approaches
- Version Control (Git)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Ability to manage one's time effectively to meet tight and high expectation deadlines.
- Proven ability to effectively perform requirements gathering and documentation.
- As a person with a passion for excellence, desire to success, and the ability to be a quick learner, you will thrive in this environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A degree in Computer Science or an equivalent engineering foundation.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup.
- Someone who loves to learn and is passionate about helping others.