Associate Vice President – Full CRO Services
US, Piscataway NJ
Published: March 22, 2021
Finitas Pharma is searching for an experienced Associate Vice President to join an exciting and growing CRO located in Piscataway, NJ. We are looking for someone with an established book of contacts at the site level all throughout California and the East Coast. This is a direct hire opportunity with a competitive salary and great benefits!
Responsible for selling the Clinical Research services within the defined geographic location and collaborates with Business Development staff to insure Finitas Pharma sales goals are achieved.
The Associate Vice President is tasked with direct sales activities including, prospecting, cold calling, in-person sales calls, proposal management, lead generation, and ultimately closing deals Develops account plans and partnerships with accounts (must have deep network of biotech, pharmaceutical and government contacts), and provides regular sales activity reports to management.
- Visit prospective clients to introduce capabilities and therapeutic experience in an effort to create new business relationships towards the achievement of targeted annual revenue goals.
- Communicate with clients and provide information needed (follow-up of contacts, proposals, other information as appropriate).
- Address client issues so that a high degree of client satisfaction is maintained and recommend to management ways to improve the firm’s services, as appropriate.
- Plan and organize specific marketing activities in order to target customers.
- Attend conferences and trade shows and follow-up on contacts made during these events.
- Participate in the development of plans for service promotion in support of sales and marketing objectives.
- Support new business in PBS/FSP by leading operational strategy, scoping and profitability assessment for proposals
- Support new business in PBS/FSP by leading bid pursuits (preparation, strategy, staff attendance determination, meeting attendance)
- Provide operational oversight of awarded work in FSP and PBS to ensure consistent and positive client experience and delivery of awarded work within scope, timeline and profitability.
- Brief new project team on history of sale, key contract provisions, deliverables, budget, timelines, and other helpful information such as personalities and/or politics. Promptly advise team of new developments and changing client needs.
- Supervise and support proposals preparation in collaboration with colleagues from Contracts and Proposals, and colleagues from other relevant departments.
- Ensure timely completion of proposals within agreed boundaries of profitability and based on adequate assumptions.
- Coordinate, prepare, attend, and follow-up of defense meetings.
- Administration and control of client contracts and related documents (Letter of interest, change in scope, contract amendments and work orders) in collaboration with colleagues from Contracts and Proposals and operational colleagues as applicable.
- Distribute marketing material and other company information to clients.
- Keep details on every opportunity and client contact up to date in the CRM system.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a business development role in the life sciences industry (Pharma/Biotech/CRO/Med Device) or equivalent, preferably with a full-service CRO
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Health-related or Business Management degrees preferred)
- Understanding of the clinical process (PH I – IV).
- Financial interest and Profit & Loss know-how.
- Significant sales and business development experience in providing CRO services to the biotech, pharmaceutical and/or government market segments with direct experience in biotech, pharma and/or government account management and interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
- Must have significant client contacts and track record of success in CRO Sales.
- Established relationships with decision-makers and budget-holders at key accounts sufficient to convert clients from their existing vendor(s) in the near-term
- Highly independent, self-starter with an ability to take input from all levels of the organization teams to create clear and effective presentations
- Able to follow through and take accountability to lead internal teams to close deals
- Essential to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written, throughout the sales cycle and after award
- Must exhibit positive, professional demeanor in all communications; must maintain effective working relationships with internal clients
- Able to develop comprehensive Territory Plan and penetrate new territory and companies with minimal direction and management
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Basic understanding of FDA Guidelines, ICH, GCP, NDA, IND and other applicable regulations
- Highly focused, goal-oriented, able to prioritize well
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the ability to use Outlook, the Internet and Access or similar database software.
- Travel is required 50%, primarily domestic/infrequently international, daily/overnight